Thursday, April 2, 2009

Sorry Mama!

Around 7:30 AM a few days ago I wake up to Audree crawling in my bed and saying this...

Audree: "mama, sorry....sorry mama, sorry!" (said in a really sweet/innocent voice)

Me: "what's wrong Audree, what did you do?" (worried that she broke something or made a huge mess"

Audree: "Poo poo in diaper....no treat!" "sorry mama"

I couldn't help but laugh and tell her that she's fine and doesn't need to be sorry about that.

(we've been trying to potty train and every time she goes in the toilet she gets a treat)

1 comment:

Heather and Josh Wickern said...

Mele! That is awesome!!! I bought a book off of eBay on how to potty train in 3 or 4 days. Although some of it is a little absurd (like throwing ALL your extra diapers away in one glorious moment of victory for your toddler!), I've been following it pretty well. Day one and two explains that your child, seeing as how they've never before done anything outside of a diaper, will say "no" because they are rebellious and don't understand. I always take Scott anyways and 5 out of 8 times he goes. He's getting to where (after 3 days) I can ask him and he'll say "yes" if he does need to go. He'll say "no" if he doesn't, but then I'll ask him 10 minutes later. He hasn't had an accident since yesterday morning and that was when he pooped on the floor!! He's been running around naked. It gets them used to what actually HAPPENS when they get the feeling to pee instead of just getting wet all the sudden. I'm sure Audree will get it in time. One thing is to not give up!! Once you start, don't go back!! I've been very impressed at how well Scott has taken to this. I actually bought him big boy underwear today and he's LOVING it! He doesn't dare poop or pee on Thomas the Train!!
GOOD LUCK!!